Your right to compensation after a wreck in a no-fault state like Florida

Free Consultation

Book An Appointment

Contact Us
* By submitting this you agree to have our firm contact you regarding the matter.
Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state. Motorists must purchase personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to remain in compliance with the state’s auto insurance requirements.

The state’s subscription to this doctrine makes it unnecessary for police to determine responsibility for a crash. Neither motorists nor insurance companies have to determine liability, either, when many auto accident claims are filed.

How filing accident claim in no-fault states work

Drivers who suffer injuries in a crash in a no-fault state must first file a claim with their own insurance company to recover compensation for any accident-related expenses they might suffer. Lawsuits in no-fault insurance states generally don’t happen unless the injured party’s losses and needs exceed a certain threshold.

In Florida, for example, you can file a lawsuit against the other party in the wreck if you lost function in a body par, have permanent scarring or have other injuries that are likely to be permanent.

Your options in your no-fault auto accident injury case

Countless factors, including distracted, drowsy, drunk, reckless or drugged driving, result in car crashes every day here in Florida. While PIP coverage will help cover most of your accident-related bills, it’s unlikely that your coverage will be enough to pay for them all if you suffered severe injuries.

Following a serious wreck, talking with an experienced attorney is wise. You may be able to recover additional compensation in your case by pursuing options past a mere PIP claim. Most people aren’t familiar enough with either the way that no-fault laws work or their rights to understand what they could be entitled to receive without professional guidance.


Call Today to Schedule a Free Consultation

Schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer from Phillips, Hayden & Labbee, LLP. The sooner you get us involved, the more we can do to help you.

(727) 888-PAIN

What Our Clients Say